PARUPPU KEERAI KOOTU
BOTANICAL NAME- PORTULACA OLURACEA
- Spinach is one of the good nutrient spinach.since it was cooked along with dhal, it
called as parrupu keerai.
- Spinach leaves are thick,greenish and lengthier one.It grows up to 15cm.It requires
high amount of water for grow well.
- Spinach consists of vitamins,mineral.We can eat with spinach along with dhal and
also do poriyal.
- Paruppu keerai
- Door dhal boiled 1 cup
- Small onion 10 no
- Tomato 1 no
- Red chilli 2 no
- Cumin 1 teaspoon
- Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Salt and oil required amount
HOW TO PREPARE PARUPPU KEERAI KOOTU?
- Put the pan on the stove ,add oil.
- Once oil heated add mustard ,cumin and red chili.
- Add onion and tomato cooked well ,add salt.
- Now add the spinach ,sprinkle with water.
- Don’t cover it .
- when boiled it, add the door dhal.
- mixed well.
- served it.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PARUPPU KEERAI?
- Spinach can cure headache. Which causes due to summer or heat, by applying
grinded paste of spinach on fore head.
- This spinach helps to cure liver disease.
- This spinach along with turmeric and curd helps to cure liver, intestine diseases, by eating
the spinach for 40 days in morning with out taking any food.
- When apply the paste of this spinach stem in stomach, it removes heat from body, urine
- This spinach removes stomach worms, helps piles patients to improve the motion.
- This spinach also uses in ailing of burn, scars, damaged skin, cut injuries by applying the
paste of spinach leaves.
- When we use this paste along with turmeric,it cures septic injuries
NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF SPINACH IN 100 GM:
- Iron 14.8mg
- Protein 1.8 g
- Fat 0.6 g
- Mineral 2.6 g
- Vitamin C