Brinjal gosthu is side dish recipe for breakfast , dishes like idli, dosa, pongal.
Chidambaram special – chidambaram is an important chola temple site in TAMILNADU, SOUTHERN INDIA.
This name is derived from the Tamil words citt (” wisdom”) and ampalam (“atmosphere”) and refers the Hindu temple dedicated to the god Siva asNataraja, the
cosmic dancer.The brinjal gosthu also special in chidambaram.Another brinjal recipe brinjal finger fry
HOW TO MAKE BRINJAL GOSTHU?
- Brinjal 1/4 kg
- Red chilli 5 no
- Bengal dal 1 table spoon
- Coriander seeds 2 table spoon
- Tamarind (small lemon size)
- Small onion 100 gm
- Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Black gram 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida 1 pinch
- Groundnut oil and salt as need
First prepare gosthu powder
Pictures step by step
- Put the pan on the stove add 4 red chilli ,coriander seeds and Bengal dal.
- Fry the ingredients with out oil and blend it.
Now make gosthu
- The same pan add groundnut oil, when oil is heated add small onion and brinjal saute it, and cook well .
- Soak the tamarind
- Transfer brinjal and onion to the mixer jar and blend it only 2 pulse.
- Add oil the same pan , when oil is heated add mustard, red chilli and black gram, and asafoetida let it splutter.
- Add the brinjal mixer and salt.turmeric, saute it.
- Add tamarind solution and gosthu powder.
- Keep in medium flame the tamarind raw smell came out.
- It comes thick consistency switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Brinjal gosthu is ready.
- Best side dish for idly. masal idly