Masal idly / Potato stuffed masala idly .It has the same chracteristics of masala dosa where spicied and cooked
potato masala is stuffed inside the idly before it is steamed to cook. Idly is a traditioal breakfast
in South Indian households.
- Idly batter
- Potato 2 no
- Onion 1 no
- Ginger 1 inch
- Curry leaves 1 string
- Chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil and salt as need
HOW TO MAKE IDLY BATTER?
- Soaking rice and urad dal for making simple traditional idly.
- Both the rice and the urad dal are rinsed a couple of times with fresh water
and soaked separately for 4 to 5 hours.
- Then the urad dal are ground to a soft, fluffy batter and rice to a semi consistency.
- Both the batters are mixed and followed to ferment.
- Then the batter the batter is kept ferment overnight for 8 to 9 hours.
HOW TO MAKE STUFFING?
PICTURES STEP BY STEP
- Chop an onion , ginger and curry leaves
- Boil the potato, peel the skin and smash it.
- Put the pan on the stove add oil.
- When oil is heated add mustard, urad dal ,bengal gram, let it splutter.
- Add onion, ginger curry leaves saute it well.
- Once onion cooked well add chilli powder ,turmeric and salt.
- Now add smashed potato and mixed well.
- Make the mixture to the shape shown👇
HOW TO PREPARE MASAL IDLI?
- Put the idly vessel on the stove, pour water
- Apply the oil in the steel glass, add little amount idly batter ,add the stuffing
- Pour idly batter over the stuffing.
- Place all steel glass on the idly plate and boil it.
- Streaming time varies from 12 to 15 minutes
- Masal idly is ready.
- As idly is healthy South Indian food .Idly is rich in carbohydrates, proteins,
enzymes, amino acids and fiber.
- The plus point is it doesn’t contain any saturated fats and cholesterol.
Leave a Reply