VETRILAI (BETEL LEAF) KUZHAMBU
Betel leaf is an herb; their shape is like a romantic heart.
They are edible and contain a lot of medicinal value.
To day i use betel leaf with making kuzhambu.
- Onion 1 no
- Tomato 1 no
- Tamarind (small lemon size)
- Garlic clove 10 no
- Red chilli 1 no
- Kuzhambu powder 3 teaspoon
- Betel leaf 6 no
- Pepper 1 teaspoon
- Cumin 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Gingelly oil 150 ml
- Fenugreek 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt as need
HOW TO MAKE VETRLAI (BETEL LEAF ) KUZHAMBU?
PICTURES STEP BY STEP
- Soak the tamarind .
- Put the vessel on the stoveX,add oil.
- When oil is heated add pepper, cumin ,Xonion, garlic, tomato and saute it.
- Grind fine paste.
- The same vessel add oil .
- Once oil heated add mustard and fenugreek, and red chilli let it splutter.
- Add the grind paste , kuzhambu powder and salt saute the mixture,
till the raw smell came out.
- Add tamarind solution and boiled well .
- Add betel leaves , boil 2 minutes.
This recipe good for digestion Palak bahar
Is betel leaf good for health?
Betel leaf contain many curative and healing health benefits. The leaves are full of vitamins like vitamin C , thiamine, niacin, riboflavin and carotene and
are a great source of calcium.