Yam masala is a spiced veggie dish made with elephant yam. It is delicious for a rice.Yams are rich in vitamins,
minerals, and fiber. Another yam recipe yam fritters
- Yam 1/2 kg
- Big onion 1 number
- Tomato 2 number
- Green chilli 1 number
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala 1 pinch
- Cashew paste 2 tablespoon
- Coconut milk 1/4 cup
- Mustard 1/2 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil and salt as need
- Coriander leaves
- Curry leaves
HOW TO PREPARE YAM MASALA?
PICTURES STEP BY STEP
- First step in this preparation is to wash the yam peel its skin, cut the yam into pieces, and then again wash the yam.
- Washed yam to boiling water add turmeric, salt and cook.
- Don’t over cook.
- Don’t waste the stock water we will be using this in the preparation.
- Put the vessel on the stove, add oil .
- When oil heated add mustard ,fennel .
- Once added ingredients splutter ,add curry leaves and green chilli
- Then add chopped onion saute it well, add ginger garlic paste.
- Ginger garlic raw smell came out add tomato and salt.
- Cover it using a lid.
- Once tomato smashed well ,add turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala and cook for 1 minute
- Add little amount of water.
- The mixture boiled well add cashew paste and coconut milk.
- Add coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Now add the boiled yam and mix it.
- Now add little amount of stock water. Don’t add the stock water in excess amount.
- Cover this preparation using a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Yam masala is ready. seppankizhangu curry
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF YAM?
- Promote healing
- Improve bone health
- Lower blood pressure
- Treat eye disease
Leave a Reply