groundnuts are immensely rich in potassium, calcium, phosphorus and vitamin which offers you with a host of health benefits .
Groundnuts are a great blend of healthy fats, protein and fiber that curbs your appetite lowers the risk of heart disease and regulate blood glucose level. we use groundnuts make vathakuzhambu.
- Raw groundnut 50 gram
- Mustard 1/2 teaspoon
- Door dal 1/4 teaspoon
- Fenugreek 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves 1 string
- Turmeric 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida 1/4 teaspoon
- Sambar powder 2 teaspoon
- Tamarind(small lemon size)
- Jaggery a little
- Onion 1 number
- Tomato 1 number
- Garlic clove 10 number
- Gingelly oil 100 gram
- Salt to taste
DRY ROAST POWDER
- Coriander 1 teaspoon
- Cumin 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli 2 number
HOW TO PREPARE GROUNDNUT VATHAKUZHAMBU?
- Take 50 gram of raw groundnut.
- Put the pan on the stove ,add dry roast powder ingredients and roast it ,with out oil and grind it them.
- Soak the tamarind.
- Put the pan on the stove, add gingelly oil .When oil is heated add mustard, door dal,
- fenugreek and curry leaves let it splutter.
- Then add onion and garlic saute it.
- Once onion and garlic cook well, add tomato and salt mix it and cover it using a lid. Smash the tomato, add tamarind solution .
- When tamarin raw smell came out ,add sambar powder, turmeric, and dry roast power, and boil the solution, and add a little jaggery.
- Delicious groundnut vathakuzhambu is ready. peanut chutney
Leave a Reply