Sesame seeds rasam | Ellu rasam
Ellu Rasam is a soup dish especially prepared in South Indian cuisine.
The sesame plant, sesamum indicum, produces seeds that contain protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
Sesame seeds also provide calcium, B vitamins, vitamin E , and antioxidants.
How to eat sesame seeds?
They can sprinkle the seeds top of salads, stir fries, soups.
- Tamarind (small lemon size)
- Door dal boiled 1 cup
- Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Red chili 2 number
- Turmeric 1/4 teaspoon
- Pepper 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Sesame seeds 1 table spoon( roasted)
- Grated coconut 1 tablespoon
- Garlic clove 4 numbers
- Tomato 2 numbers
- Ghee 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Oil and salt as need
HOW TO PREPARE SESAME SEEDS RASAM | ELLU RASAM?
PICTURES STEP BY STEP
- Soak the tamarind in water for 20 minutes, Then remove juice in a bowl
- Crush tomato with your hands, add salt, and turmeric.
- Add pepper,cumin seeds, sesame seeds,coconut,1 red chilli, garlic add to the
blender and grind it like coarse powder.
- Add the powder to the tamarind juice.