SUNDAKKAI SAMBAR (TURKEY BERRY)
Sundakkai is called as Turkey Berry in English. This is used to improve blood content in the human body. Today going to prepare sundakkai sambar(turkey berry)
Sundakkai is common and easily available vegetable used in day to day life in cooking curries. The botanical name for Turkey Berry is SOLANUM TOREUM
Can I take turkey berry everyday?
Here are it many health benefits. consuming turkey berry keeps many intestinal problems like. Indigestion, diarrhoea, and gastric ulcer at bay.
On regular consumption, symptoms of anemia are also controlled to large extent by this wondrous vegetable.
Does turkey berries give blood?
Turkey berry is a high nutritional iron and helpful in the treatment of anemia. It aims in the production of new red blood cells to increase hemoglobin level of the expectant mother who may have a low hemoglobin.
- Toor dal boiled 1 cup
- Turkey berry 1/2 cup
- Small onion 10 numbers
- Tomato 1 number
- Sambar powder 2 tablespoon
- Tamarind (small lemon size)
- Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves 1 string
- Oil and salt as need
HOW TO PREPARE SUNDAKKAI( TURKEY BERRY) SAMBAR?
- Wash the turkey berries. and drain, using a mortal and pestle, crush the berries little, and keep them aside
- Heat the oil in a pan and add small onion and saute until golden brown.
- Then add tomato and salt. Once tomato cook well add turkey berries and saute it. add tamarind solution and boil it
- When tamarind raw smell came out add sambar powder and boil it.
- Heat the oil in a another pan add mustard, cumin, while they pooping add the asafoetida add it the sambar and boil for 2 minutes.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TURKEY BERRY?
Healing and prevention of cold and flu.
Treats phlegm and mucus.
Treatment of diabetes.
Indigestion and diarrhea.
Prevention from intestinal worms.
Another healthy recipe mudakathan dosai