Kovakkai, is it known as Tamil, is also known by different names Ivy gourd, Tentil in Marathi, Dondakaaya in Telugu, and Tindora in Hindi.
Is kovakkai (or) ivy gourd good for health?
Ivy gourd might lower blood sugar levels. Diabetes medication are also used to lower blood sugar. Taking ivy gourd along with diabetes medication might cause your blood sugar to be too low.
May also like diabetes recipe Fenugreek chutney
Kovakkai roast recipe very healthy and delicious side dish recipe.Anothe similar recipe urulai roast
How to prepare Ivy gourd roast?
- Kovakkai 250 grams
- Red chili 2 numbers
- Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves 1 string
- Special roast powder 2 tablespoon
- Jaggery 1 tablespoon
- Tamarind juice 1 tablespoon
- Salt and oil as need
How to prepare special roast powder?
- Red chili 10 numbers, Coriander seeds 2 tablespoon, cumin seeds 1 tablespoon, fenugreek 1/2 teaspoon all of them roast separately with out oil and grind it.
- First crush the kovakkai.
- Take a pan on the stove add oil, mustard, red chili, let it splutter. Then add curry leaves.
- Now add crushed kovakkai and salt and roast for 15 minutes.
- Once kovakkai roasted add tamarind juice and boiled it.
- Then add jaggery fry it for a minute.
- Finally add special roast powder and roast it well.
- Yummy kovakkai roast is ready. best combo of rice and rasam.
you may also like rasam recipe Sesame seed rasam
What are the benefits of ivy gourd?
- Prevents obesity
- May treat diabetic
- Promote skin health Good for digestion
Leave a Reply