TOMATO THOKKU | THAKKALI THOKKU
Tomato thokku | thakkali thokku. This is a spicy and delicious thokku.
TOMATO (Solanum lycopersicum), flowering plant of the nightshade family (Solanaceae) cultivated extensively for its edible fruits. Labelled as a vegetable for nutritional purposes, tomatoes are a good source vitamin C and Phytochemical lycopene.
Tomatoes are great source of vitamins
A single tomato can provide about 40% of the daily recommended minimum of vitamin C, whats more, tomatoes supply vitamin A, which supports immunity, vision, and skin health; vitamin K, which is good for your bones; and potassium, a key nutrient for heart function. Muscle contractions and maintaining a healthy blood pressure and fluid balance.
How to prepare tomato thokku?
- Tomato 1/2 kg
- Onion 2 numbers
- Garlic clove 10 numbers
- Curry leaves 1 string
- Home made sambar powder 2 tablespoon
- Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal 1 table spoon
- Red chili 2 numbers
- Gingelly oil and salt as need
- First chopped garlic, onion and tomato
- Take a pan add 2 tablespoon of gingelly oil, add mustard, red chili urad dal, let it splutter. Then add curry leaves and chopped garlic and fry it
- Now add chopped onion and saute it ,once turn golden brown color, add chopped tomatoes and salt .
- Once tomato cooked well, add home made sambar power and fry for a minute, then add 300 ml of water and boiled it for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Tomato thokku is ready. you may also like recipe Onion curry Best side dish for idly, dosa, and chapati. MASAL IDLY
- Another tomato recipe Thakkali sadam
What is the benefits of tomato?
- They protect heart health
- Improve your vision
- Boost digestive health
- Protect against cancer
- Guard skin health
Leave a Reply