VEG MEEN POLLICHATHU
Veg meen pollichathu(plantain)
How to make veg meen pollichathu _ Plantain fry in banana leaves.
- Plantain 2 numbers
- Small onion 150 gm
- Tomato 3 numbers
- Curry leaves 1 string
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 2 tablespoon
- Coriander powder 2 tablespoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Grated ginger 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chili 1 number
- Coconut milk 1/4 cup
- Banana leaf for wrap
- Coconut oil and salt as need
- Take 2 plantains peel the skin and cut like follow the picture.
To Marinate plantain
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste salt and mix everything well to make a masala.
- Apply the masala on both sides of the plantain and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- After that, in a pan with medium heat, add coconut oil and fry the plantain until both the sides turned golden brown color.
To prepare gravy
- In a pan with medium heat add coconut oil, curry leaves ,small onion and saute onion turns soft.
- Now add ginger garlic paste.
- When ginger garlic raw smell came out add tomato and salt.
- Once tomato smashed well add red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, grated ginger and green chili and saute the masala for 2 minutes
- Now add the coconut milk. Allow the coconut milk to cook well until the mixture turns thick gravy consistency. now the gravy is ready.
- In a banana leaf place the prepared gravy mix and plantain on top of it, and spread remaining gravy all over the plantain.
- Wrap the leaf tightly and tie it with thread or banana string.
- Now in a pan with medium heat, add coconut oil and place the wrapped plantain and allow it to cook for 10 minutes on each side.once cooked remove the banana leaf.
- Yummy veg meen pollichathuu ready.
- Best combo of rice and rasamhttps://narumughil.com/sesame-seeds-rasam/
Leave a Reply