Sakkarai pongal | sweet pongal
Sakkarai pongal | sweet pongal one of the recipe in pongal celebration. Pongal celebrated across all tamil families. I share my pongal recipe. We celebrated Pongal_(festival) for thanking our farmers, the nature (sun) , OX the domestic animal which used in agriculture.South Indian traditional sweet.
We started the celebration by cleaning the house, decorating with flowers, we cook the pongal in a pot which decorated with turmeric. Another sweet palm-candy-payasam/ .
We add rice, milk and sugar for making pongal and we all shout while milk is boiling ” pongalo pongal” means like pongal milk boiling ( prosperity) our life also prosper with good health and wealth.
How to prepare sweet pongal.
- Raw rice 100 gm
- Jaggery 1/2 cup
- Moong dal 4 tablespoon
- Dry grapes
- First, take the ingredients.
- Wash the rice and moong dal. Soak dal and rice for 15 minutes. Heat a pot, add 250 ml raw milk.
- When milk boiled , add soaked rice and dal. cook the rice and dal in medium flame.
- Cover it using a lid, keep stir it well.
- Once rice cooked well, add jaggery.
- Add cardamom, and fry the cashew and dry grapes in ghee.
- Add fried cashew and dry grapes in the pongal.
- Delicious sweet pongal ready.
Leave a Reply